JioFi is a wireless device that is used to access high-speed internet on many devices at the same time. This device allows multiple users and mobile devices to access Jio’s high-speed 4G Internet connection and create a unique Wi-Fi hotspot. You can enjoy the fastest internet with the help of this device which gives download speed up to 150 Mbps and upload speed up to 50 Mbps. JioFi allows you to connect up to 32 Wi-Fi enabled devices. With this JioFi device, you can also make voice calls by downloading the Jio4Gvoice app on your smartphone.
|How to Change JioFi Password|
JioFi comes with a username and password, which helps you to connect your JioFi device to your smartphone or laptop. To secure your JioFi data, you need to change your password for the device regularly. Most of the people don’t know how to change the JioFi password. In this post, we will explain the procedure to change the JioFi username and password with very simple steps.
Why do we have to change our JioFi password?
Usually, the JioFi device comes with a pre-configured username and password. You can easily find your JioFi username and password in the backside of the JioFi device box and also under the battery. With this username and password, one can easily connect to multiple devices by logging into the Jio Wi-Fi Device and obtaining high-speed internet connection. The username and password are unique for each and every user. You can change username and password for your convenience which helps you to remember your password easily. Changing your password also helps you to secure your data.
Method 1: Change the Password in JioFi using the website:
Step 1: Turn ON your JioFi Device:
- First, you have to turn on your JioFi Device. Simply press the power button and hold it until your JioFi gets ON. If you don’t know the name of the JioFi and its password, you can find it on the back of the packaged box or under the battery of your JioFi device.
Step 2: Connect your smartphone or laptop to JioFi device:
- Now, you have to connect your JioFi device to your smartphone or laptop because you can change the password using the web browser. Jio Company offers us an online webserver to edit your device details. If you are not connected with the device internet the web page cannot be loaded. So, you have connected with only the device network.
|JioFi devise to your smartphone or laptop|
Step 3: Go to the configuration interface on the website:
- After successfully connecting JioFi device to smartphone or laptop, open any web browser like chrome and opera, etc. And then, type the URL https://jiofi.local.html in the address bar. On this web page, you can see the status of your device like connection time, connected status, operating mode, and bandwidth, etc.
|JioFi devise to smartphone or laptop|
- Now, you need to login to the website by clicking the login button. When you click the login button, a new window will open that asks you to enter your username and password. Enter the credentials, username as ‘administrator’ and Password as ‘administrator’ and then click on the login button.
- To change the JioFi password, look for the Network option and click on it. And then click on the Wi-Fi configuration option. Here, you can see all the options related to Wi-Fi settings, and these options are editable. You can edit any detail in this section.
Step 6: Select a different password and save the settings:
- Type the new password as your wish in the password column. Choose a strong password that contains lower case letters, upper case letters, symbols, and numbers. Once you are done, click on the Apply button. That’s it. You have changed your JioFi password. Note that if you change your password, all previously connected to your network will be disconnected. They have to reconnect and use the new password.
|How To Change for jiofi Password|
Method 2: Change the password of JioFi using My Jio App:
Alternatively, you can also change JioFi using the My Jio app. If you have My Jio app on your smartphone, then you can easily change the JioFi password. For that, simply follow the below-given steps.
- First, you have to connect your smartphone with the JioFi device and head over to the My Jio app.
- Now, tap on the ‘My Device’ option at the bottom of your screen.
- And then, click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen and choose the ‘change password’ option which is next to the SSID.
- Now, you have to select the new password as your wish and then click on the ‘Submit’ option to save the new password. That’s all.
How to change the login ID password of the JioFi device?
- To change the JioFi’s login ID and Password, first, you have to log in to the website http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1
- After logging in, locate the user management option on the page and then click on it.
- Now, you have to click on the Account Management option and enter the new ID and Password as your wish. And then click on the ‘Confirm’ to proceed.
Since Jio offers the best internet option, we can also know how to secure its connection. If you think there might be someone using your JioFi data without your permission, you have to change the JioFi password. Simply follow the above-mentioned tricks to change your JioFi device password.